About The Greater Palm Harbor Area Chamber of Commerce
Your Link to Government
Our Mission is to provide leadership to promote an active partnership and support, educate and advocate for the community.
- To promote a better understanding of the nations private enterprise system
- To coordinate the efforts of commerce, industry, and the professions in maintaining ans strengthening a sound and healthy business climate in the Greater Palm Harbor area
- To sponsor aggressive programs of work and stimulate activities that will provide for full development and employment of our human and economic resources.
- To provide creative business leadership and effective coordination of all interested parties in solving community problems and in initiating constructive community action.
- To create broad understanding and appreciation of the great opportunities in our area and to promote the advantages and assets of our community with the area, in the state, and in the world.
- To maintain the internal and external capability to meet challenging conditions and challenges while remaining alert to the needs of its partnership.
The Board of Directors, the policy making body of the Greater Palm Harbor Area Chamber of Commerce, represents the business and professional leadership of the community. The Board consists of not less than 15 members; one third are elected each year for a three year term.
The Officers, elected by the Board, serve as the Executive Board and Finance committee & may handle business that occurs between Board meetings.
The President/CEO, the Chief Executive Officer is employed by the Board of Directors as an ex-officio Executive Board Member, and advisor to the president & all committees/task forces. The President/CEO supervises the chamber staff and is responsible for carrying out the chamber’s business programs in accordance with Board policies.
- Disseminates pamphlets, brochures, maps, & factual data
- Displays members’ business cards and information and compiles a relocation inquiry list
- Establishes a link with local, state, and federal governments representing a voice on legislative affairs, taxation, zoning, etc.” We represent our partners in dealing with all units of government, protecting the interest of members and the business community
- Strives for civic improvements to meet the growing needs of the increased population, promoting civic development and civic pride.
- Involved in education in our area. We sponsor an Annual Teachers Appreciation Breakfast, Student of the Month Luncheons, Frank E. Weaner Scholarship, and End of Year School Awards
- Works to educate the public that all their services and needs can be met within our geographical location.
- Provide and enhance cultural activities, including the Bill & Louise Hoskin Visual Arts Scholarship.
- Conducts a monthly Business Coffee Hour, After Hours Business Social, Trade Shows, and publishes a weekly e-newsletter.
The Greater Palm Harbor Area Chamber of Commerce, Inc. is financed primarily by the investments of its partners. Special projects are also conducted throughout the year such as the Harbor Arts Festival in December, the Citrus Festival in April, and others. The maintenance of an adequate level of support from all business and professional interests in the community is essential to finance the programs that are vital to community growth and development.
REMEMBER . . .
IT DOES NOT “COST” TO PARTNER WITH CHAMBER . . . IT PAYS!!!!